Saturday, May 16, 2015

Celebrate!

Discover. Play. Build.

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.


I'm excited to be finished with the beading portion of my bracelet. I've been beading at the Ho-Chunk craft night for a while now and have worked on two different projects depending on the night. Now I just have to sew it onto the material that will go around my wrist. The words are Ho-Chunk and loosely mean to read. It's nice to have Wednesday evenings to look forward to where we can sit and chat while making something. I'm also learning more and more about the Ho-Chunk community.


This week I also started to make some of the yummy recipes in the Hmong cook book Cooking from the Heart. Coconut sticky rice with mango slices is delicious. It smells heavenly too.

My eyes are struggling, but they are adjusting to my new glasses. It was time for bifocals. That makes me feel old, but the new glasses are definitely helpful.

There are fourteen days of school left with students. We've had a year full of change and challenges, but there aren't many more days left and packing has started up again. Students and staff are looking forward to getting out of the old building and moving into the new spaces in the fall. These are exciting times.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you've managed this construction year, Crystal. What a delight it will be to move into those newly renovated rooms! I saw that you read the Hmong cookbook, have bookmarked it. Your sticky rice does sound yummy! We have 12 1/2 days left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my goodness - that sticky rice is a must-find recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool bracelet. I am sure it will start many conversations. Sticky rice with mango. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot to celebrate! We are down to 11 days, and end-of-year fever is definitely in the air!

    ReplyDelete